Voices of Variety provides a broad range of services that have helped children, adults and families unlock potential and build better lives for more than 10 years.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Event Planner to join our team of talented professionals.
The Event Planner plans, organizes, coordinates, promotes and facilitates trainings, meetings, conferences and events, both large-scale and intimate, for the music industry. The Event Planner works directly with and cultivates relationships with committees to develop approximately 10-20 events per year from start to finish while adhering to strict production schedules.
To qualify for this position, you will need:
· Bachelor’s Degree, in related field, such as: Hospitality, Business Administration, Marketing, Social Work, Public Relations, or Sociology
· Minimum of 3 years professional training, conference, meeting and event coordination experience
· Valid driver’s license with a favorable driving record
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly experienced in using Mail Merge, e-mail and web browsers
· Strong organizational, leadership and management skills
· Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, providing impeccable customer service, with all levels of staff, partners, and members while employing a nonjudgmental, culturally competent and appropriately sensitive approach.
· Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and work assignments with great attention to detail, while working independently, in a group or a team and on a committee and adhering to deadlines under little supervision.
· Excellent communication skills, including listening, writing, proof-reading, and presentation skills.
· Ability to anticipate project needs, employ resourcefulness when met with changes and challenges, and react positively to changes and developments.
· Willingness to be helpful, flexible, patient and creative
· Experience developing marketing pieces, in both digital and print formats